Thursday, August 17, 2017

Happy Birthday to Mom

Happy 89th birthday to my mom today! Amazing. Will post photos tomorrow from our birthday luncheon. She looks and feels great. The exercises she learned in physical theory earlier in the year have made such a difference to her balance and gait. She feels more confident when she walks and has not tripped or fallen since the exercises. Knock wood!

I had yet another Bone Scan yesterday. Every other year, Dr. M. wants to check the damage that my ongoing prednisone intake does to my bones. So far, so good but I never know. Having my first fracture this year is not a good sign. Speaking of which, my poor knee revolted yesterday after working out hard on the treadmill two days in a row. It was so sore yesterday evening and even swollen. I will not workout today but may take it a bit easier tomorrow.

And we had one heck of a good time at the brewery while playing Irish, Scottish and a bit of Bluegrass music to a packed house. On a Wednesday night! Our neighbor Rick and his daughter Melanie also drop in to visit with Michael and listen to part of our gig.

No word from the woman waiting for lung transplant in a hospital after a lung collapse. She was to be transferred yesterday to a university hospital where she is listed. I plan to text her today to see if there are any updates.

Michael mentioned to me that he was wondering when our lives were going to slow down. We are totally booked through mid-September. Every day there is something. For two retired people, we have quite a schedule. Mine is filled with doctor appointments, both mom's and mine. Soon, Michael's will be added to my calendar. He begins Medicare on September 1st and I know they will want a few tests as part of his first checkup. It is going to get crazier.

I am really considering not playing with the orchestra anymore. It really depends on the chosen music for the first concert. If it is not exciting or something that is fun to play, I may pass.

No comments: