Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hanging Problems

A day off! I have NOTHING I have to do today! With Shelley and Russ coming this weekend, I am thinking about taking the hand shears to shape a few bushes and clean up some lilies. Also, it is good for my body to move around everyday.

Yesterday was non-stop. I had about six hanging problems so after the UPS Store and the bank to pay a bill and put the new-found Deed of Trust into the safe deposit box, I sat on the phone and made the calls. First up was a call to the doctor's assistant as I am still waiting for the doctor to put in orders for the fluoroscope, called my university hospital about a bill I received then called Medicare to ask why they did not pay the bill then called my university hospital back to tell them to resubmit it, messaged my niece about where they want to go to dinner on Saturday and finally messaged the woman in the hospital waiting for a lung transplant. She is doing well, the 6-minute walk test was not good so the doctors were meeting to assign her new number on their transplant list. Things are moving forward and I so hope she has new lungs soon.

Jumping into the car, I picked up Jeannie and we headed to our pulmonary rehab class, my first time back in two weeks. My numbers were actually excellent, which was a nice surprise. It felt good to workout into a sweat and I so enjoyed talking with everyone!

Home again, I drifted off for a 45-minute nap, jumped up to heat up leftover meatballs for dinner and we ate before Dave arrived at 5:00. He is the guitarist and singer of the Irish Fiddling group. A brilliant, creative, spirited human being. He had written a new song but wanted to work with the bass part first before presenting it to the rest of the group. It will be easier for him to explain it to them with just the two of us playing it and they will be able to create their parts to fit in. We had fun and Michael really helped with suggestions from the other room.

By this time, I was really dragging and exhausted. Dave told me that if I wanted to skip the rehearsal, they could rehearse for a gig in a tiny spot featuring just the violins and his guitar. My bass would never fit into the space. I was soooo very happy to skip the rehearsal.

At 6:35, we said goodbye to Dave, Michael had to run over to Mark's house so I found myself in bed by 7:00. I never moved all night and finally put my feet on the carpet at 6:30 this morning. I guess I really needed the sleep. I feel so much better.

No comments: