Saturday, March 12, 2011

Feeling Like an Adult

We really have been doing nothing in the evenings. I didn’t realize how little we are driving after dark until we went out to shuffle some cars recently. I drank in the lights at the harbor and just the beauty of the bright stars. We live in such a rural area, the stars are so much more visible than in other communities.

Thursday night, friends of Michael’s came to the house for cocktails then we drove down the coast to the restaurant near the goat farm. They had been there years ago and really wanted to take us to dinner as a thank you for some things Michael did for them. We had tried for the past three weeks but one than the other had a cold. We had to explain that I couldn’t be near people who are sick. So, we rescheduled, everyone is well so the date was set!

The drive along the coast was spectacular and we were able to see it before the sun set. Lovely. We arrived on time and happy that the small road into this very tiny town was passable, often not the case during the rainy season.

A bit nervous about my diet, I ordered the grilled fish and steamed vegetables. It was so fresh and delicious I didn't miss the fresh baked hot sour dough bread!

I found myself looking around the restaurant at all the couples and some families and suddenly felt like I was an adult out in the world with no problems having a nice evening with friends. It was a good feeling. It felt good to chat about things other than my illness, in fact, it was never mentioned.

Just a lovely evening out with friends.

I felt like a real adult!

No comments: