Sunday, March 13, 2011

Secret Diet



I am always skeptical when people announce what they are going to do. Often, they never follow through to really do what they say. Good intentions….

So, for that reason, I have kept my diet a secret from everyone in the family except Betty, Chip’s wife. Initially, I guess I didn’t want to tell everyone in case it just didn’t work. Now that I have lost 18 pounds, I just want to keep it a surprise. Until when? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Maybe.

The cat may be out of the proverbial bag when we visit Michael’s mom on the final leg of our road trip.

I have said nothing about the diet or weight loss to my mom either. She is coming in for a doctor’s appointment and to meet with her tax accountant today. She will be shocked.  I think it shows so much in my face and my clothes are truly baggy. I have already bought a  new smaller pair of jeans. Michael laughed when I demonstrated how I could pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them. And I have hips!

Buying clothing is going to be a challenge. As I will be losing a lot of weight in a short period of time during the liquid diet phase, I really don’t want to put any money into temporary clothing. The workout clothes will be fine. Big is not horrible for the gym. But, I just bought a pair of Not Your Daughter’s Jeans at Nordstrom’s a full size smaller and a leaner cut than my current pair. They will get me through the road trip.

When my body finally finds the weight it likes, we will head to our favorite store – Nordstrom’s at South Coast Plaza in Southern California – and we will buy the basics. We did that many years ago and those clothes were worn for well over a decade. Good quality basics: jackets, slacks, skirts, blouses, and sweaters.

If my math is correct and if my body cooperates, it should all come together around my birthday in November. Now that is something to look forward to.

No comments: