Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not Another Cold?!?

I think I have it stopped it in its tracks. I can’t begin a cross country trip with a cold. No! I refuse!

We checked out a new market in the town just north of us last Sunday. It was not great. It just didn't feel right. Some of the products looked great, some of the prices were lower but the far majority were over priced. While strolling through the aisles, people kept coughing on me. Even Michael noticed all the sick people spreading their germs.

Suddenly, it began in Trader Joe’s on Monday morning. I must have sneezed forty times and noticed many people moving quickly away from me! I hurried home and took my first Airborne of the day. Many more followed.

So, into anti-cold action I went. Besides the Airborne all day, I rubbed the bottom of my feet with Vick’s Vapor Rub, put on old socks, rubbed a little of the Rub on my chest, took a pill that is a decongestant and antihistamine and hopped into bed. I don’t remember anything else. I was in dreamland.

I awoke with no cold symptoms. I repeated the above recipe to stop a cold again the next night and again last night.

It seems to be working. Fingers crossed.

No comments: