Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mishmash



Mom – We had fun but she didn’t say anything about my obvious weight loss! I finally mentioned it and she was so relieved! She didn’t want to intrude and say anything! Funny. We had fun, I beat her at our favorite card game and we never stopped talking.

The Wedding – My niece Shelley found her venue. It is in a lodge in the Sierra foothills. Beautiful setting. We will be spending the night there after the wedding. The date is set for May of next year.

Wedding Clothing – I have been thinking about what to wear to her wedding as we bought mom’s shoes this week. She already bought her outfit! We are people who never procrastinate! Before my aunt Rita died, she gave me a beautiful turquoise belt that is very impressive and well over 150 years old. It was my grandfather’s. The silver was silver dollars pounded down and used as a base for the turquoise. With my weight loss, I am going to try and find a dress, probably black, or a skirt and blouse to bring the total focus to the belt. Thought it would work well with the lodge setting.

Winnie – I am dropping in on Winnie swimming class this morning. I haven’t seen her swim in over six months and hear she is beginning to swim the lap of the pool. Amazing. Brother Ollie is 9-months old already! Such a good baby.

Rehab – I have nothing to read! Horrible but I will listen to a podcast I enjoy. I listen to RISK and the MOTH PROJECT. I can hardily recommend both. I missed working out Monday and Tuesday because of mom’s visit. It will feel good to get back to it.

Weight – Usually after I have a weigh-in with the nutritionist, I don’t feel any weight loss for the next two weeks then suddenly, I feel it. Yesterday, I felt it! It is going to be a good weight loss this month before we leave on our trip.

Trip – We have made all the reservations and so ready to hit the road. We just finished some work on the car, including a new windshield. We are beginning to gather things and putting everything on William’s bed. So much to think about – medications, canceling mail and housekeepers, cutting the yards and watering at the last minute, and giving all the instructions to Natalie who will water and watch the house for us. Also, we made appointments for hair cuts for both of us and having my nails and eyebrows done just before we leave. And so much more!

Bored – Other than all that, I am a bit bored. Maybe that is a good thing!

End of Mishmash!!

No comments: