Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Proud Mother, Once Again


During the rehearsal for the Dixieland Jazz concert, one of the book club members who had been to our house and had seen William’s gold record, was also playing with the group. Her daughter was playing trombone. Patty mentioned that her daughter and my son were the same age and maybe knew each other in high school. I told her that he went over the hill to Catholic schools after elementary school.

The daughter asked where he lives now and what he does for a living. I told her that he works for a major indie pop group as their recording and sound engineer. She asked who? Her mom then said, “You probably won’t know it!” So, I told her the name of the group. The daughter’s eyes lit up and she said, “Really? Mom, they are huge. They are really famous!”

Made me feel good. Made me feel once again so proud that our son went out and damn near starved for his craft. His success is his own. He earned it.

No comments: