Sunday, July 3, 2011

Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Meeting Dates


I was just notified of two upcoming ILD informational support group meetings. They are not to be missed! I am so excited.

Dr. Luca Richeldi
The first one is scheduled for July 12th with Dr. Luca Richeldi who is a visiting professor from Modena, Italy. He is a world expert in ILD and was a key figure in developing the new Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) guidelines. He will speak about ILDs.

The second one is scheduled for September 13th with Dr. Paul Blanc who is an expert in exposure-related interstitial lung disease (ILD) such as mine! He will talk about Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis and occupational lung disease. I cannot miss this meeting!

I feel very lucky to have both of these renown men in a room to share the latest information regarding my specific disease and to maybe, just maybe, give us some hope of future treatments other than lung transplants. I will take copious notes and report back to you, dear reader.

No comments: