Thursday, July 7, 2011

Naked?


I may be soon! I have no clothing that comes close to fitting properly. The jeans I bought for our road trip after I had lost 15 pounds now fall off without unzipping them! Dangerous! I shouldn’t be allowed out in public!

Make no mistake, I am not complaining. The weight loss has been remarkable and very fast. Imagine: 50  pounds in just over 6 months. It has been so fast that I have not been able to adjust my mind to my new body. I am still shocked to awaken each morning to discover a smaller version of myself. Rather strange. I really have to get used to it. Again, not complaining!

I was trying not to buy anything until I was completely finished working with the nutritionist. That is not going to happen as I really don’t have anything to wear. I am planning to buy jeans today either 3-4 sizes smaller, making sure they are a little tight as I expect to lose another 5-8 pounds in the next two weeks. I also want to buy a pair of nice black workout pants for the gym and to wear with a jacket. These two pieces should take me through the next couple of months.

But, I also need a sweater. I haven’t had a sweater in years. With a lumpy body, I always wore very tailored jackets. Now I can wear sweaters again. A nice cotton knit. On sale, I hope. And I need a new bathrobe. Mine totally wraps twice around my body. And a t-shirt. A colored well fitted t-shirt.

I fear that the buying is about to begin. Ready or not.

No comments: