Friday, July 29, 2011

Talking Recipes

While in the bank disputing the fraudulent charges on our credit card bill, I had a great chat with the manager. She has been involved in my diagnosis and illness from the beginning.

She is a very tall woman who is just about 100 pounds heavier than I am right now.

After we dealt with the stolen credit card information, she asked a lot of questions about my low fat, low carb diet. I finally offered to print all of the recipes I have collected from the Internet and drop them off to her on Monday.

I scour the Internet for new recipes. I like Atkins but they have too much fat and calories. I often can adjust their recipes – using low fat cheese and nonfat sour cream, for an example. I love Spark People. Great recipes.

I only use recipes that have the nutritional information listed along with the recipe. I still want to check the fat and calories along with the carbs.

If the bank manager cooks from these recipes and stays under 1,200 calories a day, she can really lose some weight very rapidly.

I have tried to talk another friend into trying this diet. She does not want to. She wants her carbs. She does not want to exercise but, lately she has been mall walking for one mile. She should be doing an hour. Minimum. 

I hope that I can inspire both of them. I hope that I can offer some good information to them. I hope they can find the confidence and strength to put themselves first in their lives and begin to change it for the better.

I know how hard it is.

No comments: