Friday, July 15, 2011

Sherman Still Ill and Now Dick, Too!

Sherman called after receiving my card. He is still so sick. He is 86-years old. Any illness is dangerous for him. He told me that he is very short of breath and exhausted. This cold with a slight fever has really taken him to his knees.

I am worried.

He will be gone another week from rehab and hopefully will return soon. It is rather dull without him.

I phoned Dick on Tuesday to let him know that I would be at the ILD meeting and not at rehab. It was then I discovered that he had the nasty cold going around. He sounded horrible. So, now I have to worry about him, too.

My rehab boys. They must get well. Soon.

UPDATE July 18, 2012: Almost a year later, neither Sherman or Dick has fully recovered from this virus. Sherman in now on oxygen 24/7 and Dick's numbers have also not improved. It was one nasty virus!

No comments: