Sunday, July 31, 2011

Relatives To Arrive


Today is the day. Everything is done. I am showered and dressed and ready to go. It is only morning. It is going to be a long wait as they aren’t due until 3:00ish. Rats!

I have been hoping and wishing for some sun for them. At the moment, it is foggy but not wet or windy.

The prosecco is chilled. The cocktail makings are ready. Water bottles are in the refrigerator. 

I am pacing.

We have not had real company to our house in a long time, especially ones that have a 4-year old with them.

The goal is to appear that everything was very easy, I effortlessly threw it all together and have a sense of calmness surrounding me. I have learned that if the hostess is having fun, everyone is having fun.

I feel some singing may happen. Michael has the CD player on shuffle and there is a lot of Elvis on it! We might just have to sing along!

Will report tomorrow how is all went. I sure it will be fine. I hope….

No comments: