Monday, July 25, 2011

Rehab and Weight Loss

Photo of recumbent bike
The up side to the weight loss is that I am able to increase my load and time in rehab. Yeah! More muscles to build! More fat to lose!

I am now doing 3.4 miles per hour for 12 minutes on the treadmill, 25 watts for 5 minutes on the arm bike, 75 watts of resistance for 12 minutes of the recumbent bike, lift 9 pound hand weights for two series of 6 exercises and 6 pounds of two sets of 10 pulls on the wall pulley and 2 sets of wall push ups.

The supplemental oxygen during exercise is still at 2 liters but my saturation rate has increased on the treadmill from 91 percent to 98 percent. Remarkable. I attribute it all to the weight loss.

The other odd thing is that as the weight was falling off so quickly, my muscles were revealed. I have muscular thighs! I have guns! Six years of working out six days a week has really paid off. My body has never looked so good. Still such a shock to me.

No comments: