Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Bit of a Problem

Even being very careful with my food, it's been a problem. I have a list of the "soft" foods I am to eat for a week after the procedure. Sadly, every single item is not on my regular diet. Thankfully, I have lost a lot of weight so I can gain a bit back while eating things I don't normally eat. Carbs. Almost all carbs.

For lunch yesterday, mom and I both had a short stack of pancakes. Now, I haven't had a pancake in probably 15-20 years. It was divine. Mom ate all of hers along with a side of the most delicious ham steak. I was shock. She usually doesn't eat that much. Yes, it was that good.

Throughout the day, I was having a problem of emptying my bowels. It started about every hour in the morning and worked it way to every few minutes in the late afternoon. I finally took a probiotic, hoping it would help quiet it down. I had a piece of bread for dinner.

After climbing into bed, it calmed down for the entire night. I am going for very soft simple food today to see if I can keep it from flaring up again. If it continues, I will phone the doctor on Monday. In the meantime, I am trying to not get dehydrated. Lots of fluids in.

My goal today is to start in the side of the back yard and work my way around to the other side. It needs a bit of weeding and hand clipping. Michael already cut the grass. I just want to be in the garden, in the sunshine, listening to the radio and trying to feel normal again. I'm not going to push it.

Two other goals this week are to attend the rehearsals with the Irish fiddling group on Tuesday evening and the orchestra on Wednesday evening. Trying to dip my toe back into my life.

No comments: