Saturday, March 12, 2016

Recovering

I think I turned a corner yesterday. It was hard to get up, shower, forced down half of a deviled egg for breakfast before driving to mom's. I was still not feeling well and had no energy but I had not been with her for a week. Michael dropped me off, we talked for a couple of hours, watched Nancy Reagan's funeral together then went to Wendy's for lunch. Michael met us there, we all chatted for a bit then we dropped mom at home before we made our way through the storm on the pass.

By this time, I realized that I had eaten their child-sized hamburger, the most food I have eaten in a week. Maybe it was being out in the world or maybe it was the food or maybe I was actually improving but I realized that I was feeling better.

Still not wanting to bother Michael with my nighttime coughing, I slept on the couch again last night but it really wasn't a problem. It was the first night in so many that I slept through the night. Marvelous.

Today, the goal is to make a shopping list for tomorrow. I am going to plan simple foods for the week and I hope my appetite comes back. I have a big week ahead. We have four doctor appointments in three days (two are for mom).

No comments: