Saturday, August 10, 2013

Burning Hours Until He Returns

Yesterday's liver scan went off without a hitch. The technician was fantastic and quick! They are not supposed to comment on what they are viewing but...we bonded. She said my liver looked really good. I took that to mean that there were no cysts or bumps or thicknesses that looked suspicious. That alone made me sleep better last night.

The thing that worries me the most is that if I have a serious problem with my liver (due to the medications), will I still be able to receive lungs when I really need them? Or will I be excluded from the process all together? Those are the questions.

Yesterday was so busy that I fell into bed early last night and slept ten hours. After saying goodbye to Michael in the morning, I met Natalie at a house they are thinking of buying. It was built years ago by our friend Randy during his first marriage. It was so much larger than I remembered and Natalie did a jig when we walked into a "bonus room." It was a huge space on the first floor, perfect for a kid's playroom. There was even a hot tub! The only problem they may have is having to buy enough furniture to fill the spaces! She is showing the house to the kids and Ethan this afternoon. Finger's crossed that the stars align for them.

After seeing the house, I flew over the hill to drive mom to her eye doctor appointment. We had a great chat with the doctor and I even told her the Big Freedia story (opening act at William's concert two weeks ago). Love Big Freedia. From there I drove the long drive north to my liver scan appointment.

Today, I am going to rent some movies - something we have not done in years - and have my toe nails painted. Besides ironing Michael's shirts, today's agenda includes ordering medications, cooking dinner, maybe cutting the grass later in the day if it is dry enough and organizing paperwork. A quiet day.

Michael is due home tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully.

No comments: