Monday, August 12, 2013

Home

We messaged each other on our iPhones his entire trip home. Michael, from the back seat, kept me informed as he got closer and closer to home. I checked 511.org and found out that there was a huge accident on the Bay Bridge, which was causing a massive backup onto the connecting freeway. It would take them at least an additional hour to make their way across the bridge. So, I encouraged them to take two other freeways and a different bridge to avoid it all. They did and it was so surprisingly fast that they were dropping the twin off just on the other side of the pass before I knew it.

Then suddenly, the door opened and he was home. Home. It finally felt like home when we stood in the kitchen and just hugged. I had asked in a message if he was hungry, not knowing if they had eaten a large lunch. Well, he had eaten a large breakfast but nothing else so he was one hungry man. I quickly made and cooked meatballs which were ready and waiting for him, we sat and ate and talked then we went outside to the garden swing and talked some more.

He had a great time. It was so good for him to get away and to just enjoy himself. I am always invited, which I have to decline because of the altitude, but I think it is good trip for him to go with this group of friends. He slept like a baby last night.

Life returns to our normal routines today. Mom and I have a packed week ahead so I am not going to be with her today so I am going to go over the pass to the other rehab and have a good workout.

No comments: