Monday, August 19, 2013

Into the Week

It has been the strangest summer with endless days of cool fog, no morning sun, low temperatures throughout the region and now, thunderstorms are due today. California! We don't do thunderstorms! After having a very quiet day with Michael yesterday, mom and I will try to dodge raindrops for our visit to our favorite doctor after my rehab this morning.

I ate too much on her birthday. I will be doing extra time on the treadmill this morning before swinging by the butcher. After mom's appointment, we will hit Trader Joe's so there will be lots of good, healthful food in the house. The cupboards were pretty bare yesterday.

Mom had an ectropion - lower eye lid surgery - to help her tears to flow properly instead of down her face. It worked but the sides of her eyes have a slight downward tilt. No one else would ever notice it except for her. The doctor is our favorite and has told us he builds time into our appointment so we can chat. He has two little boys and I have been able to share with him some fun things to do with them in the area. He has newly moved from New York City, where he was raised and he deeply misses his family. It will be fun to see him and hear all about his adventures.

This week's focus is on Wednesday when I have my first visit in six months with my lung doctor, Dr. K. I am always a bit nervous before our visit. I am feeling pretty good, not coughing but tired. We will discuss the whole liver issue and maybe a change of drugs.

But the thing I am looking forward to this week is Friday. I am meeting my dear friend for breakfast. It has been too long.

Saturday will find me in a restaurant with mom's 93-year old friend and her two daughters for a birthday luncheon in honor of mom. The celebrations continues!

No comments: