Saturday, August 24, 2013

Final Engagement

Today is the final social engagement to finish the last few weeks of company and nights out. Mom's 93-year old friend Peg is coming with her two daughters for lunch to celebrate mom's birthday. I have been invited. Peg was the woman who did more for my mom than anyone could after my dad died. Her husband had passed away just a year earlier so she really understood. They bonded. I have thanked her because she really did help mom adjust to her new life. She was a blessing.

After just a few hours of sleep, I stumbled through the day yesterday, had a fantastic breakfast date with my friend which always makes me feel energized and so happy, then met mom at her hairdresser's. She needed a small bite for lunch but we sat and talked for two hours as we hadn't seen each other since Monday. Lots to share. Non-stop!

Michael and I fell into bed early last night and slept ten hours. I think it will be the same tonight.

No comments: