Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day of Driving and Frustrations

So it didn't go very well yesterday. All day. I did a whole lot of driving but never moved forward.

In anticipation of the liver sonogram, I set the alarm for 5:30AM so I could eat and take all my morning pills before the required six hours prior to the test. After a shower, I went to the bank to get money for gas and parking, pumped my own gas, drove to my primary doctor's office in town to make an appointment for today (need a Hep B vaccine double dose booster and check for bladder infection) then drove into the city for the test.

I ran into the liver doctor in the hallways, we hugged and I asked about his new house...love having a nice relationship with my doctors. Finally, I checked in for the test. What? Today? There is no appointment today. You must have changed the appointment. WHAT? Checking back, it never showed my noted appointment of yesterday at 12:45. Ever. I didn't just make it up. There was a big screw up somewhere. She said that the appointment is actually Friday at 2:30. I would NEVER make an appointment on a Friday because we put all of mom's appointments on Mondays and Fridays. I was so angry. I was not polite. I finally told the woman I would keep the appointment on Friday after I take my mom to her doctor appointment at the other end of the peninsula and that I would bring my smile with me.

Driving home, I had nothing but problems. I also was very hungry as now it was 1:30. I stopped to buy something for Winnie and Oliver, who I was seeing later, and a quick lite lunch. I tried to go to the organic market and could not find a parking place - it was being freshly oiled. After 20 minutes at home, I drove up to the harbor to Winnie's gymnastic class and waited for them to arrive. No one was there. I sat for 10 minutes and read before I realized that the class was actually 4:00...back home I went.  Back again at 3:40, I finally got a big kiss from Batman in full costume. I brought along Pop Rocks and Jelly Belly's. Winnie was fun to watch going all sorts of gymnastic stuff. Natalie and her family live in a two bedroom, 1100 sq. ft. townhouse which was fine with just Winnie but now Oliver is 3-years old. They are bursting at the seams. Ironically, they are looking at a house to buy which was built by the woman's husband who I had lunch with on Wednesday. It is at the end of a road at the top of a hill with ocean views. It is four bedrooms, 2,400 square feet and empty. It would be perfect for them.

But yesterday, I felt I spent the day in the car. I was tired and frustrated and ready for the day to end.

Today? Rehab. It is also the final night with Michael. He leaves in the morning for three nights at Hot August Nights in Reno.

No comments: