Friday, August 2, 2013

Updates - Oxygen, Medicare, After Party, Mom

Oxygen update: I now have two tanks of liquid oxygen in my garage. Both small. Both individually not large enough to get me through two weeks. Where did my large blue-topped tank go? I want it back!

Medicare news: It is once again time to prove to Medicare that I need oxygen. This will include four 6-minute walks. Two without any oxygen and two with oxygen with a 10-minute break between each walk. It is a long grueling process which I HATE and I HATE that my medical records are not good enough to prove I still need supplemental oxygen. I crawl home and am exhausted for days afterwards. There is paperwork included that my doctor needs to address so I will arrange it all when I see Dr. K. in September.

Afterwards:  I have found that after I have been crazy busy - like the last two weeks - the time I get sick is the week to ten days afterwards. When my body lets down. Now is that time and I am trying to take it easy, exercise, eat well and get enough sleep. But tonight, we have been invited to fund raiser at the restaurant on the ocean as guests of the owner. We will arrive late and leave early. We are both still recovering from Mary's visit and William's time with us.

Mom: Today, we are going to an eye doctor appointment together then get some lunch before her hair appointment. We were together yesterday before my rehab class and got some Starbucks before a quick run through Home Depot. Rehab went well.

No comments: