Thursday, August 1, 2013

Need Oxygen

I've been having problems with my oxygen supplier. They changed out my old tank to a sleek smaller one several months ago. The problem was it was too small as I was running out of liquid oxygen before the normal delivery in my area every two weeks. Not good. They would drop off another tank - now there were two tanks! Finally, after many, many weeks, they delivered one tank that, if I was very careful and did nothing extra, would last the two weeks.

The phone rang last evening. It was them. They wanted to come to top off my tank today even though they were here last Thursday. Fine. Okay. I promised to haul it outside to the side of the house. (They usually come when I am at rehab and the tank lives in the garage during the week. I run a long hose through the hose each evening.)

He asked if I liked the current tank. No, I want my other larger tank back. He promised he would bring it. I am certain that the one he will bring will be the smaller version of my old tank. It is not going to last the two weeks. But, I still have hope that maybe, just maybe, a larger tank will appear.

Tune in tomorrow.

I got lots of hugs and conversations with my two favorite kids yesterday. It was so much fun to watch Winnie in her gymnastic class and enjoy Oliver while talking with Natalie. Fills my soul. Also yesterday, I baked the two chocolate cakes frosted with ganache then covered in pralines for the young woman at Michael's work. A birthday surprise. Along with the yoga class and a hair cut, it was a very busy day. I slept well last night!

No comments: