Friday, February 6, 2015

Glorious Rain

A quick blog this morning as I am leaving within the hour to drive mom to an early doctor appointment. We will have a great lunch at Nordstrom afterwards then I will have a quick run to the butcher's and Trader Joe's before heading home later this afternoon. A long day out of the house for me!

Michael stayed home with me yesterday. He was on jury duty watch and was instructed to phone in at 11:15 for further instructions. He is the luckiest jury duty person on earth. Each year he gets the letter to appear, each year he is told he is not needed. Been going on for years. So, after he was notified that he was not needed, we went into town, picked up more prednisone along with a bit of lunch before going up to visit British Don. He is doing so well in rehab that they are sending him home on Wednesday. We will visit him for the final time on Sunday.

With the 40 mgs of prednisone on board, I really am not able to sleep. Around midnight, I was suddenly awake, stayed that way for two hours before giving up. After a bit in my chair, I was able to drift off for two more hours. Today will be the first day of stepping down to 30 mgs for a week. Hopefully, sleep will come easier.

And I must mention the rain today. We are in such a serious drought situation that the entire area is so happy to welcome the wet stuff for the next several days. They are giving hour by hour start times on the news. A really big deal for us.

Happy Friday!

No comments: