Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back to Rehab

I was ready for my walk along the ocean early yesterday morning, turned the corner and...fog. Lots of fog. Back home, I changed into a heavier jacket then hit the trail. It was amazing by how dense it was along the cliffs and I could not even see the water at one point. But, the walk itself went better than I had anticipated. After really pushing myself, I was expecting to feel "spent" by the time I arrived back home but I actually felt energized. I coughed just twice, which is also a good sign that I am recovered from the flu.

Valentine's Day decorations and linens were washed, ironed and put away in a newly straightened closet, Michel's Shrimp Deviled Eggs for breakfast were made along with some bacon that I baked in the oven. I had a long telephone conversation with Anna, we reconfirmed their upcoming visit in March and got caught up on all the family news.

William is on tour in Japan and they had a large earthquake yesterday. I messaged him, asked if he felt it and he replied that they were in a new building so they didn't even feel it. My heart did take a few extra beats when the news flashed on the TV.

Today is going to be wild. I am going to drop in on mom for a quick visit before pulmonary rehab class, then a drive up to the butcher and Trader Joe's afterwards. Dinner tonight will be roasted chicken and spinach. I am also planning the dinner with British Don on Friday evening. Thinking about making deviled eggs for him, too!

A friend in Boston sent photos of her house with the snow piled up shoulder-high, another friend is dealing with cold weather in England and Michael's sister Debbie is suffering in Knoxville, TN. She can't leave their apartment as the ice storm is so bad and the driveway is so steep, that they would never be able to get back home. They still have power but so much of the city does not. It is going to be in the mid 60s here today. Light jacket weather. No snow. No ice. I am feeling just a bit guilty about enjoying it. My very best to everyone dealing with winter, or as they say about Boston, an "historic" winter.

No comments: