Sunday, February 8, 2015

Disappointing News

Due to our vast rather recent experiences at funerals, Michael said the one for Wayne's mom yesterday was really nice. Well done. Heart-felt. Tender. Sweet. Touching. A true tribute to a woman who raised and adored her five children. They also adored her. He was able to see and talk with people he had not seen for a while.

I stayed home and really rested and did very little. It was a good day off and I slept well last night.

This morning, I got the report on my CT Scan via hospital email. It was rather a surprise that it mentioned a hiatal hernia that was fine. No infection or problem. That explained the tenderness I would sometimes get after the Nissen Fundoplication procedure to fight GERD. The report also commented that I might have pulmonary hypertension. That, my friends, is not so good. I will write to Dr. K. on Monday and ask for the test to confirm it and medication will probably follow. It is like having high blood pressure in the lungs. It is due to having a lung disease over a long period of time. I did not have it last time we checked. I am rather disappointed that I probably have it.

No comments: