Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bunnies and Recipes for the Week

I found some cute fabric to make the Easter tablecloth. It involved bunnies and light pastel colors. Perfect. Today really begins the countdown for Anna and Doug's visit at the end of next month beginning with making the tablecloth. The sheets on their bed - and ours - will be washed and ironed after I go for an hour walk along the beach early this morning. I found a cool breakfast recipe to be cooked before picking up the house for the housekeepers due tomorrow.

Over fifteen years ago, I bought a fantastic necklace at Neiman Marcus (very on sale) and forgot all about it until recently. Mom and I cleaned it but, when taking it out of the box yesterday, it had broken. Tomorrow, I am going to drop it off to be repaired as I want to wear it while company is visiting plus I will buy some small lavender plants for the front yard after rehab class tomorrow. Planting here, cleaning there. The goal is to do something everyday in anticipation of their visit so I will not wear myself out before they even arrive!

Yesterday, my 83-year old of rehab friend Dick phoned. He sounded horrible. Not only does he have a UTI but it has also infected his prostate. One sick puppy. He has been sick since November and just can't seem to fully recover. Mom's doctor appointment went well and we had a late lunch at P.F. Chang at 1:30! We were starving!

This week, I am cooking all new recipes for those of us on long-term prednisone therapy. We just do not process sugars properly and must stick to a diet of protein and non-starchy vegetables or we gain weight. Lots of weight.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Sausage and Eggs to Go: HERE
Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps: HERE  Make sure to only use the small La Tortilla Low Carb tortillas

Dinner:
Pork with Paprika, Mushrooms and Sour Cream: HERE
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms: HERE and HERE
General Tso's Meatballs: HERE

On Friday, I am cooking dinner to bring to British Don in the city. It will feature Roasted Chicken pieces (500 degrees for 30 minutes) with Japanese Eggplant and Shiitake Mushrooms: HERE. There will also be an appetizer of an Artichoke Lemon Dip on Wasa Rye Crisp Crackers: HERE

No comments: