Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Back into the World Today

Back to mom's today. She has an appointment with her endocrinologist regarding her thyroid issues. She has suddenly developed Graves disease after decades of having low thyroid. Beforehand, we are going to Joanne's Fabrics to choose material so I can sew a small Easter tablecloth for the table in the family room. Since Anna and Doug are coming for a visit a week before Easter, the house will still have some Easter things scattered about.

Through the years, I have collected small things to celebrate the holidays but I just had two little wooden rabbit figures for Easter. Period. That was it. So yesterday, we went to Michael's Crafts and found a new wreath and a couple of things for the table in the family room. The only thing missing is a tablecloth, which will be my project for tomorrow.

I also went crazy buying silk flowers for the front window boxes, which face north and get exactly zero sunshine. Bright azalea-like flowers in bright and light pink look great with some white flowers and sprigs of lavender. I am happy.

This coming week, I will begin the deep cleaning then build up to the last minute wipe-down of the kitchen cabinets as their arrival time gets closer and closer. Lists will be made!

I hauled a lot of groceries into the house yesterday, climbing up and down a lot of stairs at mom's, did a lot of shopping but felt that my breathing was the best it has been in weeks. I am still taking 20 mgs of prednisone, sleeping with 3 liters at night and will continue this for another week. We will see if I am able to reduce it back to my standard dose of 15 mgs. I hope. Fingers crossed!

No comments: