Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Taxes and a Grammy

I am feeling better but still not 100%. Mom and I spent the day together yesterday, did a Target run and I had a new selection on Mimi's lunch menu: an appetizer of meatballs. Perfect. Protein. I served the leftovers as an appetizer for Michael last evening. Dinner was a fantastic roasted chicken and chopped spinach baked with a bit of pepper jack cheese.

Life around here is quiet and a bit boring but just what I need, at the moment. The exciting stuff is that the group William is currently on tour with won a Grammy. He has another 10 days of concerts before flying back to the US.

Today, I am forcing myself to finish the endless paperwork for the tax preparer. We paid so much in medical costs, dental work and insurance premiums last year that we will not be paying many taxes. With Michael's convulsions in November and some serious dental work earlier in the year, I call him "my little tax deduction." I am staying home, spreading everything out on the dining room table and not doing anything else until it is done. Finish. Completed. It could be a long day!

No comments: