Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Falling Down

I hate when I do something stupid. After meeting with my PT Mac for a lovely session opening up my hip followed by the rehab class, I kept my running shoes on. That was unusual. Usually I change them at the gym for my street shoes.

After class, I quickly flew home to get the Barbacoa in the oven for four hours. The house smelled heavenly. At 4:50PM, I was walking on the hardwood floors from the family room into the front entrance when the tread of the running shoes stopped me mid-stride. I fell. I fell hard.

I fell so hard that I had to take inventory before trying to stand up. The damaged seemed to be all on my left side: hand, elbow, arm and knee. It was ugly.

I am not a crier, never have been but for the first time in a long time, I felt like crying. I had been pain free for less than a week! Now, I had fallen and my body was really in pain! Frustration! This will not allow me to workout!

Immediately, I iced my knee, took an Aleve and phoned Michael for sympathy.

This morning, my knee is swollen, my thumb is very tender and I cannot grasp or use it in any way, my bones between the wrist and elbow are very sore and my elbow is not working fully.

Other than that, I feel great! HA!

Natalie is having an MRI today and will be dropping Winnie and Oliver off here for a visit while she goes over the pass for the test. She will be gone about three hours. I am so looking forward to hanging out with my favorite kids on earth, I just hope I can do everything I want to do with them with these injuries.

Here we go!

No comments: