Friday, July 10, 2015

Eye to Eye

William's texted last evening to see if we wanted to meet in the city for dinner tonight. Oh, let me think...YES!!! We are going to meet at his hotel then go to one of the Food Network Star's restaurants via cab. It will be great to look him in the eyes, smell him (I guess it's a mom thing) and have a real conversation without computers or phones involved. Early evening on Saturday, we will be meeting across the Bay at the venue for the sound check and another dinner together before the concert.

What I am also excited about is that we had Michael's cousin's son connect with William last night. The VIP tickets are waiting for he and his dad for the Sunday concert in LA. Jared is interested in becoming a sound engineer so William has invited him (after a request from Michael) to hang with him. Makes me smile.

But, before all that happens, mom has her shot in her eye this morning and I need to get Mary's sheets and robe in the mail for her birthday next week. But, most importantly, I got a phone call from my rehab boy Dick's wife last evening. He is in the hospital with pneumonia. He has been struggling with lung infections since last October, had a couple of weeks of feeling good but no energy and now...

I am worried.

After I leave mom this afternoon, I am going to swing by the hospital for a quick visit with him.

An update regarding Natalie: As they couldn't find someone to watch the kids for a week while they celebrated their 10 year anniversary in Hawaii after her mom injured her back, they arranged to take the kids with them. They leave Monday. Aloha!

No comments: