Sunday, July 19, 2015

Recipes for the Week

It is just beautiful here on the coastside in northern California. I sat out on the swing and read for over an hour yesterday after doing all my chores. Laundry and gardening were done. The clouds are high this morning, the only sign of the showers from a tropical storm hitting south of us.

Michael needs to do errands today so I will be entertaining myself. A walk. Lunch. Reading. Watering the garden. We will be going out for dinner together early this evening.

But, the routines begin again tomorrow with food shopping. Here are the recipes for this week for those of us on prednisone. We don't process food properly. We must focus on protein and non-starchy veggies.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Cheesy Chicken and Spinach Casserole - I use 1 lb. of chicken for 4 servings and cut the recipe in half. I also use low fat cheese, non-fat cream cheese, mayo and sour cream.  HERE
Boursin Deviled Eggs - HERE
Linny's Whopper in a Bowl - HERE

Dinner:
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Scallops - HERE
Eggplant and Chicken Parmesan - HERE
Barbacoa Tacos - Using La Tortilla low carb tortillas. HERE

No comments: