Monday, July 10, 2017

Another Wild Week Ahead

A new week. Last week was nuts and this week should be an equal challenge! Today, mom has arranged a check-up at a dealership for her Mini Cooper. It means an early morning drive deep into the Silicon Valley during rush hour traffic. We are bringing a deck of playing cards with us to spend the time waiting to continue our day. When the car is ready, we plan to drive back north to food shop, have bit of lunch, come home to cut the back lawn then water the pots.

The Irish Fiddlers have a rehearsal tomorrow evening, a gig at the brewery on Wednesday evening and a gig at a new venue at a Wine Shop on Friday evening. Very swanky Wine Shop. My fingers will have blisters by the end of the week.

But, the focus of the week will be on Wednesday when I will be hosting a birthday luncheon for my two favorite children - Winnie and Oliver. The baking will begin tomorrow and they are due here on Wednesday morning. They don't have a yard and love to water my plants. After lunch, I thought I would give each a hose and let them lose on the gardens. They somehow always end up getting soaked!

Yesterday, Michael and I attacked the large bushes between our house and the neighbor's. We filled two huge recycling bins and I slept like a baby last night. It was a lot of work.

Once again, I am finding that the more I physically do, the more I am able to do. Exercise makes both my body and breathing better.

No comments: