Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hello, Treadmill

IT WAS GLORIOUS! I was finally back where I belonged! The treadmill! In pulmonary rehab yesterday, I handed the rehab staff my note from the vascular doctor giving her permission for me to return to my full workout routine, which included the treadmill. It felt fantastic to kick up the speed and do my usual time with joy in my heart. My whole body felt like it straightened up and everything was in alignment. I tried to not chat during the class but to focus on the exercise so I could leave as quickly as possible to grocery shop. There was no food in the house and it was my last chance for the week.

My saturation numbers were very good, surprisingly good. The only downside is that this morning, both knees are a bit sore. I continue to ice down the left knee and, since the surgery on my finger is next Tuesday, I am unable to take any kind of over the counter pain reliever.

Pumpkin Festival is this weekend. They are expecting over 100,000 people to arrive in our tiny town. We have stayed home the last two years but Michael is making noises about their Pumpkin Rolls and coffee. I have a feeling we will go into town early in the morning before the crowds and back home before the parade at noon. It gets crazy.

Mom and I will be together most of the day as her Mini Cooper needs service. My playing cards are already in my purse and we will be playing Shanghai. So much fun and it makes the waiting time fly by.

No comments: