Thursday, October 11, 2018

Flu Season Has Begun

It was a heck of a day. The service went fine on mom's Mini until they told us her thermostat was leaking at a pretty good rate. They wanted us to rent a car...nope. I phoned Michael, he told us that we would be able to get home then back again on Friday to have it replaced. It all worked out great. But, by the time we got back to mom's, it was well after lunchtime and we were starved. While eating lunch together, Michael phoned as he just passed a three car accident on the pass. Great. It was going to take longer to get home.

The long day became a bit longer and I was so happy to finally get home. As I pulled up to the house, he was cutting the lawn, which made me smile. I am going to water this morning before rehab class.

My knees loosened up yesterday and there is no pain this morning. This should help as I return once again to the treadmill today.

Just a heads up: I have run into several people who have already experienced the flu. It seems a bit early this year but just beware. We are washing our hands immediately when we enter the house. We try to keep our hands away from our faces. We try to be aware of not touching things out in the world. This time of year always brings on a bit of anxiety as the flu and/or pneumonia could kick me into lung transplants.

No comments: