Friday, October 19, 2018

Transplant Today

Yesterday, I was told that the woman from my rehab class who I ran into at my university campus two weeks ago (she had just been listed for lung transplants) had been hospitalized for days. This is very unusual so she must have experienced a major downturn, which pushed her to the top of the list.

This morning, I got an email from a rehab classmate to announce that this woman is being transplanted today. My thoughts will be with her and I so hope it all goes well. A good woman. A strong woman.

Another strong woman, I will be with mom today as we go over her Prescription Insurance options. It will be a challenge to present a lot of data to her and to step back to allow her to make the choice for next year.

I phoned my insurance to insure all was well and that I was continuing my medical and prescription plans. After a great conversation, the representative was sending my contact information to their advertising division. Maybe they want a quote, too! I am expecting to hear from my surgeon's PR department today. They want a quote about my experience for their brochures. This, after the 90-minute interview with the ATS's data gathering company. I feel so important!

No comments: