Wednesday, October 17, 2018

No Cyst Anymore


It was a lot more serious than I expected. Removing the cyst was treated like any surgery. What I loved was that the surgeon was thinking. The cyst was a relative minor problem but he realized my immune system was compromised due to over a decade of prednisone use. He ordered an IV of antibiotics to help avoid an infection at the surgery site. Smart.

There was no pain during the procedure as a doctor deadened my fingers, which finally were back to normal by 2:00 this morning! I have no pain, though I left with a prescription for major pain drugs. It won't be filled today. No need.

The whole surgery took about 30-minutes but the set up took two hours. It was wrapped afterward, which can't be removed until I see the doctor in two weeks. No showers. No hair washing.

It's going to be interesting.

No comments: