Monday, October 15, 2018

Forced Relaxed Weekend

Scores of people were expected to make their way to our town on the weekend. Road were clogged. Travel times are crazy. It forced us to stay home so it was a restorative weekend. We have never been so relaxed and we each took naps several times a day. Michael is usually so hyperactive, it was wonderful to see him stop. Relaxed. He enjoyed football and baseball games, car shows and old movies on TV.

We have not heard how many people visited our little town this Pumpkin Festival weekend. It was cool and foggy most of time. They are gone now but the line of people traveling to the coast in search of the perfect pumpkin continues to the end of the month. Every single day. Traffic will be a challenge from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas as families also make their way to our town to cut down their Christmas trees.

What no one knows is that January is the most perfect time to visit the coastside. The weather is usually mild and there are no tourists until the summer.

The surgery on my finger is tomorrow. The exact time has not been established yet but I expect to hear from the clinic today. I don't think the doctor is going to let me do rehab for a day or two. I'll also bet that I will not be doing the weights and upper body workout for a few weeks.

Mom and I will be together in Costco for glasses for her and Target for me. I love to give out regular sized candy bars for Halloween. They have the best selections and deals but I hope I am not too late. They sell out quickly!

No comments: