Monday, October 8, 2018

On the Road Today

After a very quiet weekend, we are ready to hit the road to pick up my mom then drive almost three hours to visit Shelley and the almost 5-month old Hailey. Mom is excited to get her hands on them both. Michael is driving, thankfully, and we will bring lunch to their house from a local restaurant.

Babies always remind me that life continue. And, there is just something about how they smell that makes me swoon.

On Friday, I met with the vascular doctor and my leg is normal, just needs compression hose due to...wait for it...longtime use of prednisone! I am grateful there was no major underlying problem. She even wrote a note to the rehab staff stating that I could return to my beloved treadmill.

While there, I did run into Martha from my rehab class and learned that she had just been officially listed for lung transplants. She said I could share the news with the class. Fingers crossed that her wait is short.

AND, I was contacted by the American Thoracic Society who asked for my support of their campaign about the importance of Pulmonary Rehab. Yes!! It is one of the reason I am still alive. Good doctors and good medications are the others. They will be in touch within the next two week for a conversation and next steps. Exciting.

But, the most important thing we did yesterday was to get a flu shot. Just a gentle reminder.

No comments: