Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fish Oil and Lung Function?

I am breathing so well that it is a bit scary. No noises. Very little shortness of breath during exertion. I am walking quickly, forgetting to slow down. I am lying in bed at night without feeling the "work" of breathing.

It is so good that I find I don't even think about it.

What has happened? What has changed? The doctors keep telling me that they cannot understand the constant ups and downs of lung function with a disease. It just is.

I have been thinking back to my meeting with Dr. M., my endocrinologist, who is managing my cholesterol levels. He not only prescribed Lipitor but also instructed me to take the Trader Joe's fish oil with the blue/green label. I am up to five per day. That is 5,500 units. That is a lot of fish oil!

He mentioned that what he was most interested in, as a researcher, was the positive effects of the anti-inflammatory fish oil on my lung disease. It that what is happening?

No comments: