Thursday, June 14, 2012

More Fun

Anna and I walked three miles along the ocean up the coast to Sam's. It was still a bit foggy when we left home, which made the walk a little easier for me. I did wear my oxygen because that hike was the longest I have walked since my diagnosis.

The coastal trail winds through some fields of wild fennel and other gloriously smelling plants. The views of the ocean were stunning and she kept remarking about the freshness of the air. We arrived and were seated right at a window facing the water and she ordered, at my suggestion, a huge 1.25 pound Maine Lobster Rolls with the best cole slaw and potato chips. She loved it. I had a cup of gumbo. Delicious.

As we were sitting there, the fog began to burn off to reveal the bluest ocean with waves breaking with stunning beauty against the shore. Rather perfect, I must say. The three mile hike home took only 45-minutes, which was rather a surprise as we took an hour to get to the restaurant. We were moving!

After we got home, we drove into town and had her fingernails and my toe nails done. It was only the second time in her life that she has had her nails done. I think she will now do it more often!

For dinner, we drove to the top of the pass and long the ridge for appetizers and cocktails at a very elegant fancy but comfortable restaurant. The bartender was hilarious and made both of them excellent drinks, Anna and Michael shared an appetizer portion of fettuccine Alfredo and a jumbo shrimp cocktail. I sat on the other side of the table protecting my Oysters Rockefeller from any poachers.

Another busy day ahead including lunch with my mom. Should be more fun!

No comments: