Friday, June 22, 2012

Magical Morning

I took the day off from my Thursday routine yesterday. I didn't go to the rehab class. Again. Instead, Natalie and I had been talking about taking the kids for a hike on the ped walk heading north along the ocean.

Good plan but suddenly, the weather had turned wet, windy and cold. By the time they were here at 9AM, it had calmed down a bit but still cold. Oliver was in his stroller and Winnie walked with us. We were heading to a restaurant for hot chocolate and coffee but there was just one problem, they weren't opened. Oops.

I suddenly remembered a coffee shop/plant nursery just up a street heading away from the ocean. We walked there for the best hot chocolate and lattes then started the return trip back to my house. It was a total walk of just over three miles. Oliver was getting restless on the way home. Enough of this stroller! He wanted to run! The only problem was that he never stopped when told to, which made his freedom rather dangerous as we often crossed roads going into the state parks.

So when we passed the final state park entrance, we let him loose. He loved the dirt road, loved the rocks which ended up in his pockets, he loved to run along side of us, he loved looked at the plants along the road and he spotted a beetle and a rabbit. I also taught Winnie how to throw - stepping into the throw - and we threw some rocks into the weeds and wild roses and wild fennel.

It was a pretty magical morning.

Suddenly, I realized that I missed the rehab class. Our walk had taken much longer than I had planned. The housekeepers arrived while we were walking home so I couldn't stay there. We all went to lunch together, I ran some errands then arrived home to the clean house.

But, the walk had energized me, so I painted my closet and moved my clothes back into it. It is now a beautifully organized closet thanks to the Elfa system.

Today will find me in the yards, pulling weeds, cutting the grass, trimming some bushes and making it close to perfect for visitors! My sister and her husband are due tomorrow early evening and will leave later Sunday. I so wish the weather was better! Maybe a bit of sun is not too much to ask?

No comments: