Monday, June 25, 2012

Recommitting to Rehab

Rehab. So important. Everyday.

But, with mom moving closer to me, I have not been as vigilant in going to rehab. Her doctor appointments, my doctor appointments and the recent visit with Michael's sister have conspired to waylay my rehab plans.

This week, I am determined to workout each day. Yes, mom has a doctor appointment on Tuesday but we should be back in time to make the rehab class.

Last week, I thought I was having hip problems with suddenly a lot of pain. Oh no! Another round of doctors! Then, I realized that I probably overworked at the gym and in the garden and the pain did go away after two days. Yesterday, my sister and I walked just over seven miles but I don't have any pain this morning. Thank goodness.

Today will start at the other rehab, a Trader Joe run then Mom and I are playing with Barbara and her daycare kids again. We are meeting at a local small airport to tour their museum. We hear that it is interesting and appropriate for the kids. Barbara takes her kids out into the world everyday during the summer. It may just be a trip to Chucky Cheese or swimming at a pool, but they are out of their routine and enjoying the freedom of summer. But, she also has them doing five pages in their workbooks every morning so they don't lose anything during the summer. Love that.

No comments: