Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Way Too Much Fun


I love family. We are having fun with Michael's sister. All went well at the airport then we headed home where Michael met us for cocktails and appetizers in the garden. With different types of music playing in the background, Michael BBQed the prime cut steaks, I cooked the artichokes and we had a simple dinner. With wine. Oh my. Suddenly, Junior Brown's CD started playing. We jumped up, cranked it up, hauled her into the living room and gave her the prime seat on the couch. "Highway Patrol!" She's a Venom Wearing Denim!" "...You are wanted by the police and my wife thinks you're dead!" She loved it and got to dancing. Then, she is a total Beatles freak, Michael played that CD then showed her the Mustang in the garage. We talked about lungs and husbands and children and laughed a lot before falling into bed at 9:30! Late for me!

Today, we are going to walk off dinner with a three mile walk along the ocean to lunch. Then back. Other plans for tonight.

It is fun to hang out, tell family tales we hadn't heard and just connect in person. Michael is keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't over do anything. I really don't want to get sick, again.

So, dear reader, I am having way too much fun. 

2 comments:

none said...

You should change your diet to a strictly raw diet. There are people out there who have done this and have survived 20 years after being diagnosed and given only months to live.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment. I tried raw before I was ill and found my body just needed animal protein. I think it is wonderful to eat raw. Food in its purest form. I try to eat the cleanest, freshest local foods. Nothing fancy.