Thursday, March 19, 2015

Running on Little Sleep, Again

The orchestra rehearsal was excellent as all four pieces are coming together. The woman who played cello in front of me was recently from Germany. She and her tech industry husband accepted a job offer, moved from German and into the Silicon Valley only to hated it. It wasn't until she found our little orchestra and fell in love with the coastside that they actually moved here less than six months ago. She mentioned that they were taking a three day trip to LA in two weeks. It will be their first experience with the Southland.

Their focus was primarily museums. Bingo! Handing me a piece of paper, I began to make a list of all the museums and other things to see and do in LA. She was thrilled. After the rehearsal, she asked me if they needed to bring formal wear. HA! LA?!? Nope, casual. They weren't planning to dine in fine restaurants. It was fun to relive all of our trips to LA and choose what I thought they would appreciate. I picture them in my mind standing at the Griffith Observatory and taking in the entire basin.

Very little sleep again last night as I go into the city for a weigh-in this morning. The rehab class is afterwards but I may just come home if I am feeling the lack of sleep. Yesterday, it was amazing what I was able to achieve before a much needed nap: a long walk along the ocean, trimmed three scrubs in the garden, washed the front windows, washed the front door windows, washed all the towels in the guest bathroom, cooked my lunch, took a shower, cooked dinner and I think I am forgetting something. A week from today, our company arrives.

Also at rehearsal last night, I was able to asked where exactly the whales were hanging out. It was the same spot Michael and I spotted them through the years. I will be driving right by there today so I am going to keep an eye out for them. While Anna and Doug are here, we might just go up to have a look.

No comments: