Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Party #2


A little Irish Fiddle music for St. Patrick's Day? It was a warm late afternoon yesterday when we stopped by the Yacht Club at the harbor to watch our neighbor Leslie and her group play and sing good Irish music. Over two years ago while Leslie and her family were visiting her husband's relatives in Ireland, she took a week of an Irish Fiddling camp. She learned a lot and returned a year later for more. In the meantime, she talked two violinist in our little orchestra into learning with her, added a singer/guitarist for the rhythm and they have been performing and practicing ever since. They were fun to watch, the words to the songs were hilarious and the audience enjoyed the experience.

We had never been to the Yacht Club before. It was not fancy. The drink were cheap. There were kids and dogs and people wandering about. Very casual. Free popcorn. The club was totally run by volunteers and costs about $50/month to be a member. The views were amazing and the kids were all playing in the water just behind the fiddlers.

Before the party, I cooked shrimp deviled eggs for Michael's breakfasts and a lunch for me. After ironing and picking up the house, I sat in my chair and slept for two hours. I just can't party three nights in a row anymore!

Mom and I have nothing on the schedule so we will entertain ourselves today. I want to get out of here early so I can workout at the other rehab before our day together. It is going to be in the high 70s today so it may be time to breakout the shorts. In March. Crazy weather.

This afternoon, I am going to wash the insides of the windows. As it is physically tough, I will be using my long hose from the oxygen tank in the garage to give me support. It's only ten days before the company arrives.

No comments: