Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sleep! Thank Goodness!

Sleep has returned! I slept almost eleven hours last night. Whatever it was has passed, thank goodness! Maybe it was all the work I did in the gardens or cleaning every bit of the stove and oven and hood yesterday.

Gardening can be dangerous business, especially for those of us with thin skin due to long-term prednisone therapy. I was cleaning around the bottom of the rosemary bush, which is ornamental against the mailbox structure. It got me on my left arm. It took off just under an inch of the top layer of skin leaving a lovely flap. I quickly put a pressure bandage on it and continued on with my work. It is very sore this morning and I think the flap will eventually fall off once a scab has formed. It is big and ugly.

But, the big news is that I did everything on my list for the entire weekend. Today, I am hanging with Michael. We are going over the pass this morning, I am going to workout at the other rehab and we are going to lunch together. A rare treat.

Whenever we are expecting company, the night before they arrive, we go out together. It is our last night of "just the two of us." Sometimes it is a ride down the coast to our favorite dive or fish tacos in town or even a fabulous Mexican restaurant where we are the only non-Mexicans in the place. We love that. It is a guarantee of authentic, good food. But, it is the time to get caught up on everything we have not talked about during the week and will not be able to check-in with each other while the company is with us.

Tomorrow, mom and I will spend the day together, do the food shopping for our company and buy a pound of See's Candy for Doug, who has a candy addiction. It will be on his pillow. Anna loves good soaps, which will be on her pillow.

I can't wait until they arrive!

No comments: