Thursday, March 12, 2015

Party Weekend

I had not worked out at the other rehab in quite a while. Yesterday, it felt great to take the time and walk the treadmill as long as I could. My body is finally feeling loose again. After my rehab class today, I need to begin to cook for British Don's dinner at our house tomorrow night: beans, turkey kielbasa and a heart-friendly cake. British comfort food. Friday will be a baking day. We are invited to a St. Patrick's Day party at Jill and Wayne's house on Saturday evening. I am making an Irish Cream Cheesecake with Chocolate Truffles to share.

At the orchestra rehearsal last night, we have been invited by our neighbor Leslie to see them play their Irish fiddle music at the local yacht club on Sunday. Both venues will be outdoors, which is the only reason we will be mingling with groups of people. The flu is still here. The oboe player last night was telling me that he had been ill for two weeks. Ah, thanks for sharing that, step away from me, please.

The march towards company coming in less than two weeks continues. I cleaned the rails of the closet in the guest room, the mirrored closet doors and the sliding glass window rails. The closet was already pretty clean and organized so it only needed some dusting. This Saturday, I am going to do major yardwork so next week will be just a clean up a few days before their arrival.  Getting excited.

I couldn't sleep after the rehearsal last night, tossed and turned until after 11:00PM. With just over six hours of sleep under my belt, it is going to be a long day. No time for a nap!

No comments: