Friday, March 20, 2015

And the Weekend Begins


Michael's Aunt Jeannette was buried yesterday in Illinois. She embodied kindness and love for everyone. Mary is deeply mourning her oldest sister. We are so grateful that we spent some time with her and Uncle Elwin during our road trip last May. May she rest in peace.

We had planned to meet for a nice dinner on the other side of the pass after mom's shot in her eye late this afternoon. There is only one problem with that: we forgot we arranged to bring dinner to Don's tonight! Duh! Thank goodness the menu is very portable: appetizer dip, rack of lamb, Greek salad. I am going to cook the lamb at his place while we enjoy the appetizer. Before I leave home this morning, I am going to chop all of the vegetables for the salad, mix the dressing and bring it all to mom's refrigerator for the day.

No whales were sighted while driving into the city for my weight in yesterday morning. I am stable, weight-wise. Nice. Even without a lot of sleep, I wanted to go to the rehab class to workout. After the class, I made the appetizer for tonight.

I was up at 1:30AM but got back to sleep before 3AM. I am hopeful that I make it through the day and evening without exhaustion as I have a big weekend ahead. The final weekend. The final assault on the yards and the house before company arrives on Thursday. I have a long list of chores to be completed by Monday.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: