Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Exercise Through Pain

One of my biggest fears is an injury that stops me from exercising or rehab class. I try to make sure I warm up before anything strenuous and stretch the muscles after a good workout or walk. So far, so good. 

Until yesterday.

Somehow, I got a sliver in the bottom of my foot, though it feels like a huge block of wood! I tried to get it out yesterday morning but it was not going to budge. It didn't bother me much until later in the afternoon and, after lots of walking and shopping with mom, I began to limp. 

Michael arrived home to do surgery to remove it, with the help of a razor blade, last night after dinner. He thought he got it but there "is just a little brown spot left." Well, this morning, it is back. It hurts. Today is rehab class with a treadmill involved. I may have to work through the pain. 

But, I am going to try to get it out again this morning but it is really stuck. 

Side issue: I wanted to get my toe nails done but can't if there are any open wounds because of a possible infections. So, I will have to wait for this to totally heal. Thank goodness it is not summer and that I am wearing closed-toed shoes!

No comments: