Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sleepless on the Coast

It's wet outside! A big deal. That it rained just a small fraction of an inch is no matter. It rained. Everything is a bit wet. That, actually, changes my plans for the day. Over the hill I will go to work out at the other rehab, do a butcher and Trader Joe's run before coming home to pickup the house for the housekeepers tomorrow and preparing for an orchestra rehearsal tonight.

Sleep has been a problem recently. I seem to awaken around 2:30 then drift off around 4:30. Michael will brew the coffee  around 5:30 and the cartoon-like aroma works its way down the hallway until it tickles my nose and draws me out of bed. Happened again this morning. Beginning 3AM on TMC, I caught a 1950 Alfred Hitchcock movie featuring Marlene Dietricht and Jane Wyman, "Stage Fright." I was riveted until the bitter end at 5AM.

Usually, I have a problem with sleeping if I don't workout. At the rehab class yesterday, I finally was able to complete my entire routine for the first time since I got sick in January. I was glowing with sweat! It felt great. I thought I would sleep well...but, alas.

If you have IPF and taking the new drug nintedanib, you can be paid to be interview about your experiences with the treatment and they are looking for opinions. Here is the information:

email header
 

Patients are still needed for a paid phone interview.  Some restrictions have been lifted so you may now qualify if you did not in the earlier request.  If you are a patient currently taking OFEV (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), you are invited to participate in a confidential interview with Medquery Inc., regarding your experience with this treatment as well as getting your opinion on a potential new treatment option.  The interview is a 60-minute telephone call in which you would be required to be in front of your computer and on the Internet.
To see if you qualify for this paid interview, click here: http://survey.quickquest.net/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=4M05p8KH9p30Il  
***If you experience any technical difficulties, please call MedQuery at 312-268-2411. Please do not contact the Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis, as we will not be able to assist you on technical issues.***
Please see details below:
Participants will receive $125 for their service.
Note – patients from Illinois or Tennessee will NOT be included in this round of calls.
Please also note that respondents must be seeing a physician at an academic hospital or research center (centers listed in the previous email message that included IPFNet centers are no longer restricted).
 
 
 
Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis
10866 W. Washington Blvd. #343
Culver City, CA 90232
(888) 222-8541
info@coalitionforpf.org
 

No comments: